Sunday, October 25, 2009

IKEA DOES GLUTEN FREE!




I was in IKEA recently and had my obligatory stop in the food section (just after the main checkouts) to stock up on some IKEA chocolate - if you haven't tried them, you really should! I thought I'd have a look at what other products they have, and was very happy when I found some gluten free salty licorice, yum! And then even more surprised when I looked in the freezer section and found a gluten free cheesecake and a chocolate torte! IKEA does gluten free! Not usually one to buy pre-made cakes, I thought I'd better bend a rules the bit, purely in the name of research of course. The cheesecake was a bit of a let down. It was quite flat, and the cheese section wasn't very 'cheesy'. The chocolate torte however was quite rich and tasty. Both weren't the prettiest things to look at, so if you were planning on serving them up to guests you would want to have some things to decorate them with to make them a bit more special, such as a pile of berries on top or some cream or ice cream to serve with the torte.

No comments:

Post a Comment