Saturday, October 24, 2009

GRAIN FREE PASTA




Back a couple of months ago at the Gluten Free Expo I picked up a pack of pasta from the Pasta @ Home stand. I'm not usually a fan of trying other brands of gluten free pasta, as unfortunately so many of them are horrible, but I thought I would give this one a go because it sounded interesting - not only is it gluten free, it's also grain free - and cooks in under 2 minutes! It's made from a mix of potato, tapioca, quinoa and amaranth flours. The cooking instructions said to place in boiling water for one minute then drain well and stand for 30 seconds - I found that mine wasn't cooked enough after this time, so extended the boiling time by a couple of minutes. I then mixed it up with some tuna, lemon juice, salt, pepper and parsley. It was really quite delicious, the pasta has a nice flavour and the texture was good - not the same as 'regular' pasta, but still good. And quite a quick way to whip up a healthy meal.

Their range includes spirals, shells and macaroni. You can order on their website and they also have a range of stockists.

2 comments:

  1. thank you sooooooo much I have been trying to buy or make a grain free pasta forever! you are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is an old post but ditto the last comment. This is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete