Tuesday, September 22, 2009

CHICKEN & LEEK POT PIES



I've been a bit busy lately and slack on updating the blog - I am working on new recipes though (I'm up to trial number seven of a light and fluffy sponge cake, hopefully number eight will be a winner so I can share it with you!), so keep checking back.

I thought I'd share with you a dish I made the other night. I'd been wanting to try The Pastry Pantry Rough Puff pastry, but didn't have time to create a recipe, so adapted one from donna hay magazine. You can get the recipe here
.

I used gluten free plain flour in place of the regular plain flour, and made sure the stock was gluten free, and of course used The Pastry Pantry Rough Puff pastry. I didn't want one large pie, so separated the mixture into four ramekins and then placed 1/4 sheet of pastry over each pie, sealing the edges with the back of a fork. I brushed the pastry with a lightly beaten egg, and pierced a couple of holes in the top, then popped them in the oven at 200ÂșC for 25 minutes.

The pastry didn't 'puff' like regular puff pastry, it was kind of like a mix of puff pastry and savoury shortcrust - but it was crunchy and really tasty. I will definitely be making this again!


No comments:

Post a Comment